Saturday 3 January 2009

My mid-year resolution

Wow another year has passed, I'm starting to wonder what the hell I actually do in a year, I mean that's a long time. It also feels weird when I think that I've gone through a fifth of my life (touch wood, or a sixth depending on how medical science gets on).

Well I'm not one for resolutions I'll tell you that but there are a few things I want to change this year, and not just because it's the new year, to me the 1st of January is just another day, one that I usually sleep through that is.

The main thing I want to improve is my summer work. Last summer I didn't do nearly as much work as I should have. I did have a job but it was part time so that's no excuse. I simply got into the routine of doing nothing. Luckily I haven't got into that routine this break, which is a good thing because we're being graded when we come back, but also because I need to do more If I want to get good.

When I'm off for about four or five months in the summer it seems like such a waste of time to do nothing, and this is my twentieth summer on earth! I owe it to myself to do more work and not to screw up this opportunity.

I've got to do a lot of work and it's not going to be easy, but my way of thinking is if I work hard in this life, I'll be rewarded and be reincarnated as a cat.........damn cats have it easy.

No comments: