Thursday 29 January 2009

A different kind of horror

So after much wait our next film for Wednesday afternoons was United 93...and it left me pretty much speechless.

When I first heard they were making a film on the events of 9/11 I was disappointed. The thought of Hollywood cashing in on 9/11 is quite frankly disgusting, but after seeing it, I can say it was one of the most shocking, moving and nerve-racking pieces of film making I have ever seen.

I think that the fact that you already knew what was going to happen and you couldn't stop it, was what really made it effective. There are no A-list actors in the film, which I think is a good thing, since it makes it feel more real and that this was something that happened to ordinary people.

Knowing that this film was as accurate to real life as possible, even using the exact radio transcripts and people, made it hit home just that little bit harder.

This really is a film you have to see, I didn't believe it before I saw it, and it's true that you remember where you were when you first heard the news. I had just finished school, Geography sixth period, and was getting a lift home from my mum. I got in the car and she said "Have you heard....

No comments: