Tuesday 12 October 2010

Look Maaa, I'ma saving tha world!

It's time to end my 8 hour modelling sesh with a blog post i think.

Que Idea number 2...

The Eco Rooftop
I guess this ones a fairly obvious choice but i like it, Mostly because of all the green gadgetry that comes with 'saving the environment' (if you want to call it that, I tend to call it 'feeling less guilty').

When Heather mentioned that the people from ninja theory, I think it was, said the environments needed more life, so I think that having moving parts and small animations would really help.


So far I'm only on my first 'sketch', this is partly because I've spent a while modelling a load of rooftopish assets. This first one is quite a simple, and organised rooftop. I did this for a number of reasons. Firstly I had no initial organisation so I wanted to get everything in there to see how it looked, and not to make it too confusing to the eye.


Secondly I like the idea of having the roof sectioned off for different equipment, for that's how this multimillion dollar corp. might have designed it, to be as efficient and organised as possible. Also if it were in a shooting game it would help the player with navigation and orientation, eg. "We've got two tangos by the wind turbines"


Now that I've built the majority of the assets for this rough out, doing the others shouldn't prove too time consuming...

No comments: