Thursday 18 December 2008

The Thumb has Been Removed!

Ok so I know, I've been a naughty boy with the blogs, so I'm going to try and make an effort now to do at least two a week!

Well my assesments over, and I can honestly say it sucks being at the end of the alphabet! But i also took a few other things away with me.

I knew my self portrait was pants, there are a lot of things wrong with it. First of all the proportions are wrong, which does me no favours when looking at the entire model. Then there's the face, the cheeks are too big and the head is the wrong shape, I think the entire body is a bit square. The texture is also a bit dodgey. I think I basically need better reference pictures for the shape, dimensions and textures. Though I can honestly say I was quite pleased with the mesh of the arms and legs, they had a nice shape to them.



On the other hand Heather seemed to really like my war of the worlds project, which just goes to show that your best work is always the stuff you enjoy the most.




I've also got to mention Ben Mathis, because it has been awesome having him in this week. Just watching him work is a great experience, I think its the way he manages to get so much out of a small allowance and the ways in which he's so efficant. And on top of that he's a top bloke, always teaching, giving advice and guiding people.

No comments: