Tuesday 17 March 2009

This blog's looking a bit dusty...

Ok I'm back, yeah I know it's been a while but I though I'd return to tell you what Ive been up with lately.

So we've finished our group projects and I can say I'm really happy with our final level. It feels great to finally see something finished after working on it for such a long time, 8 weeks I think. We set out to make a realistic and current version of the lecture theatre only with a an un-detonated rocket crash landed in it. For me it was hard to create clean textures that look good. With my environment project everything was grimy and messed up a bit so it was possible to use loads of photo overlays and custom brushes to create textures that look good, but when I have to make clean, untouched textures they just don't seem to look as good. I guess it's something I have to work on.


On the drawing side of things I've nearly finished my layout pad in which I was doing the Land Air Sea yacht project. I started with the Inuit culture an moved ton from there to dog sleds and eventually ice speeder things. I really love using markers and keeping things sketchy.

No comments: