Monday 12 November 2007

Recent Memories (Week 4 Continued)

So onwards with my history. I left you with my memories of the playstation and blowing up the Eiffel Tower, and soon I would be moving into the depths of the PS2.

I have always been a bit dissapointed with Sony at not coming up with a very original name for their new console, I mean, anyone can stick a number at the end of a name. I can make exceptions with games that have an arcade feel to them, because I think they generally don't have good storylines (or storylines at all for that matter) or if a film or game has a number and then a subtitle. For example 'Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest.

Maybe if Sony Had called it Playstation 2: The Games Strike Back, or Playstation 2: Return of the Games I might have been a bit happier, but the name stuck so that meant they HAD to name the next one the Playstation 3. I'd like to hear your suggestions on console sequel names! Ok, get this, whoever comes up with the best console name will win..........my respect, and nothing more.

The PS2 was great, from driving round a fictional New York running down tramps in GTA:3 to mowing down giant ducks in Timesplitters, and making the ultimate insult with Guybrush Threepwood (I've got a mate that looks like him by the way) , it really was a good console with great games.

So owning the PS2 and loving it, it was inevitable that I was going to get the PS3. Ok, so it hasn't had as much success as the Xbox 360 or the Wii (which I think is a novelty that I would play for 20 minutes and then get bored, and why is it encouraging people to fake doing stuff thats better to do in real life, the whole point of computer games, to me anyway, is to experience something new that isn't possible, or that I don't want to do in real life. I'd much rather play tennis than have character, that I made to look like me but who actually has the face of a mass murderer, inaccuratly replicate the game with crap graphics.)

I feel much better now, so let me tell you about my PS3, I think it's much better than the 360, which I do have, mainly for Gears Of War and Command and Conquer 3, partly because the PS3 feels more sturdy. Plus the fact that you don't have to turn the volume up to beat the noise of the fan. But all facts aside, I don't like Microsoft, because they ripped Apple off.

They say if you can beat them, join them, but I'm not joing Microsoft, I'm using them for my entertainment, so it's ok to hate them still.

No comments: