Monday 21 April 2008

Week 24 : A year in Game Art.....well, 7 months

I've got to say first of all that this is an ace course and wiped the floor with the others that I looked at before coming. But its not just the course that's great, It's the people too. Everyone is different, in a good way, and there's not an ounce of arrogance in sight, which is a rare thing when it comes to art college. I've been there, done that and hated the people who are up their own arses, so I've got to grant kudos to Mike for picking out not just the talented, but the unique and nice people. I think the people you work around are vital to your experiences and learning processes, and picking polite and helpful students must be a real talent.

I think that the structure is good, and provides and equal balance. I would certainly like to see more on digital painting, since I've come along way in them. The other day I compared one of my first paintings to one of my recent ones and I was shocked. In a good way of course.

Maybe looking more into marketing and franchises would boost our understanding of the industry as we know it, or looking at story telling and character building, but then maybe that's heading into game 'design' too much, I don't know. Maybe that's a good thing, broaden our horizons, but then again focusing might be a better idea.

I'm pretty much stumped for ideas of how else to improve the course, but if a light bulb does light up, I'll let it be known.

No comments: